Who is responsible for your personal data?
The company, JOE CHIA ATELIER SDN BHD (“JOE CHIA”), is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We will collect personal data that you submit to us, for example, when you place orders, contact our customer service or participate in competitions. The personal data that you submit to us may for example include contact information and payment information. In addition we may collect certain personal data from external sources such as credit information and address updates.
Security of Your Personal Information
JOE CHIA ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
• Restricting access to personal information
• Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
• Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
JOE CHIA uses 128 – bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To create and manage your personal account at JOE CHIA
• To process your orders and returns via our online services
• To send text message notifications of delivery status
• To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items
• To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services
• To send marketing offers such as newsletters and magazines
• To notify the winners in competitions arranged online
• To manage your account by carrying out credit checks
• To make analyses in order to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information
• To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online
• To send you surveys in order to give you a possibility to influence our offer and services
• To test and improve our systems by which the services are provided
• To prevent misuse or improper use of our services
We will keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes above or for as long as law requires us. After this your personal data will be deleted.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit JOE CHIA, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
• Your computer’s IP address
• Browser type
• Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
• The pages with in JOE CHIA you visit
• The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any other organizations other than those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from JOE CHIA website. In exceptional circumstances JOE CHIA may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes. JOE CHIA is committed to complying with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We may however use your contact information to send newsletters from us. If you believe that JOE CHIA has breached your privacy, please contact us [email protected] and we will resolve the issue.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as bookkeeping rules or when there are other legitimate grounds to keep the data, such as unsettled debts. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time. You can contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
There are two types of cookies: permanent and temporary (session cookies). Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 12 months. Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser session. We use permanent cookies to store your choice of start page and to store your details if you select “Remember me” when you log in. We use session cookies when you use the product filtration function, to check whether you are logged in or if you put an item in your shopping bag.
You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. For instructions on how to handle and delete cookies please look under “Help” in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
We use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
The site JOECHIA.com may include links to other websites, which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our visitors to find more information about specific subjects.
Controller of personal data
JOE CHIA ATELIER SDN BHD
JOE CHIA reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you have any comments or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive them at our address or by emailing us at [email protected]